Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day



Today was a day filled with a visit to the beach and Fort Rosecrans national cemetery. I of course brought my camera because you never know when "the shot" comes along and you want to be ready when it does. Which brings me to this point. I consider myself part editorial photographer and part everything else. I love taking pics which are "in the moment" because it is where the context is real. I want to see the drama in a picture. Hence my style is more candid and not posed although I am not opposed to taking the posed pics because they are fun too!

These pictures were taken today at Fort Rosecrans national cemetery on Point Loma in San Diego, CA. The view from here is spectacular. It overlooks San Diego Bay on one side and the Pacific Ocean on the other. Every grave was marked by the American flag and there are thousands of graves here.

No comments:

Post a Comment